Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009 - a first for everyone

This year, our Halloween was a bit more laid back. Lolo and Lola Kathy came in from AL to visit and the even brought a friend with them. Maya, Kathy's grand-daughter came to celebrate her 7th birthday (and to see the new baby.) Everyone fell in love with our little girl.

Uncle Tony and Aunt Liza even came over for a visit.


After a 3 hour family nap, we got ready for trick-or-treating. Jaiden couldn't decide what he wanted to be so I think the final verdict was a fire-fighter pirate. (notice the sword... which did eventually get ditched because it impeded his ability to run to the doors. Nothing like candy to motivate.) He started out just wanting to be a pirate but wouldn't put on the shirt. Then he switched from the pirate hat to the fire-fighter hat so there you go... I was originally just going to let Anna take Jaiden (and Maya) out but as she was walking out the door, she said, "Now, how do you do this again..." I remembered that she didn't grow up with holidays and had no clue how to trick-or-treat... I quickly grabbed the baby and some shoes so off we went...


Lilli was a zebra (thanks to aunt jess) complete with ears and a tail. She was nice and warm for a cold and rainy trick-or-treat.


Nanay was GREAT!!!! Jaiden said he wanted her to be a pirate too so, never the one to disappointed, she pulled this out of the closet. (I'm not sure how many people can randomly pull a pirate costume out of their closet but that's my girl!) What you can't see in this picture is the sword and the thigh high leather boots... I am so luck/ blessed to have such a wonderful family!


A few final notes. I realized again tonight that to me, trick-or-treating is a very odd tradition. As a parent, sending my 3 year old up to strangers doors for candy is more than a bit frightening. As an adult, I remember thinking of the parents who would drive their kids around in their van and how it was some how "cheating". This year, we were those parents...

Much Love and Hugs!!!
Steph, Anna, Jaiden and Lilli

No comments: