Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 - the day after

On Friday, we decided to go fishing and Grandpa Guy gladly agreed. (As you will see in the pics, he's the one that does most of the work.) My mom has her favorite spot on New Syrmna at the end of the beach where there is an inlet to the inter coastal waterway. It's beautiful! There is a lighthouse across the water and you get to see all of the boats coming and going. With all of the traffic, I didn't really expect to catch anything (we go just for "casting practice") but we actually caught a lot!!! I think our total count was 7 white fish, 1 blow fish and 1 stingray in 3 hours! Jaiden was so-so about the fishing but he loved playing in the sand with his trucks. He and Nanay took a nice long walk and I even found a whole (dead) sand dollar. He did get excited when we caught something and he'd come running over. After we all got our fill, we would unhook them and wavy bye-bye to the fish. I was brave enough to bait my own hook and unhook the fish but gran-gran was a different story. At one point, we saw the dolphins swimming in too! They were having a blast jumping up and splashing all around. I did a little more of my artistic photography and we called it another great day...

Stay tuned for our next adventure - Christmas in Michigan!

Happy Holidays and Love and Hugs to you all!!!

Steph, Anna and Jaiden








z

No comments: